Wednesday 13 August 2008

The birth of Man.

An ape’s first steps as a man.

I don't know what it was but something made me think of our primate past. When exactly DID Man break away from the primate and become MAN?

It wouldn't have happened overnight to any ape that was slightly "different" may well have been an outcast, a leper. I can imagine (just) a female ape being courted by one of these pseudo ape intellectuals and being bored rigid by his reference to the bright shiny things in the sky, how some of them not only appeared brighter than others, but moved, and perhaps telling her she would look much better if she shaved.

Man has been here in this universe a mere plink in the ocean of time and I would hazard a guess that there have been many "plinks" of something akin to man in those past billions of years. Plinks that barely caused a ripple on Earth in neither time nor space.

The Universe (our universe) is approximately 13,000,000,000 years old, the Earth 4,500,000,000 years old (present day assessments) and yet the age of Modern Man is less than 50,000 years and I'll leave you to do the math. Gods and Modern Man only date from the time that man started fearing for his destiny.


You cannot have your cake AND eat it. You are either a believer in gods or a non-believer in gods. My opinion - for what it's worth - is that there are no gods and there never has been any gods. Religion is a human trait that has manifested itself fairly recently in life's history.

As to the birth of religion. If the people couldn't explain something then there must be an ethereal being that is behind it. Or Magic!Sunrises, sunsets. Moon rises, moon sets. Lightning - rain - wind - tide - spring - summer - autumn - winter. Plagues and drought. Comets and meteors. All of these and more have been attributed to worshipful entities throughout world history.

Brave independent thinkers have been sacrificed at the altar of gods for their blasphemous thought. We now know that THEY were crucified needlessly. I have some six inch rusty nails and enough timber to build my own cross if anyone is interested in repeating history.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php