Thursday 7 August 2008

Government freebies!

War Brits travel joy,

goes the headline in my paper. Apparently the government has seen fit to offer FREE passports to a section of the British Public. To qualify for this freebie the applicants must have been born in the year 1929 or before. It's aimed at compensating individuals who had to face extreme hardship during the two world wars.

So now that these unfortunate to have lived through these stringent time who are fortunate to have survived bombs, bullets and deprivation and are now probably to OLD to travel have been given a small boost to help them jet off to exotic places without having to fork out for a passport!

Home Office minister, Lord West said: "This is a generation that faced incredible hardship." Isn't that nice?

Maybe they could extend this benevolence to ease the burden on other classes of society.

How about they allocate FREE cigarettes and beer to the under fives?

What about FREE rollerskates to paraplegics?

There must be hundreds of blind people who could benefit from FREE television licences!

Cynical bastards.

*CLICK TO RETURN TO MY PROFILE*

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php