Friday 18 January 2008

Weather forecast for 2008


2008 is going to be the dryest year on record in the UK. With a heatwave lasting for months and no rain at all during that time this will be a long drawn out drought causing reservoir levels to plummet.

A hose-pipe ban will be brought in in early June and the ban will continue throughout the summer and will not be lifted until September.

Stand-pipes will be erected on street corners and water bowsers stationed where necessary. Don't forget to fill your kettle.

How do I know all this?

Well, in my newspaper today it says:-

"It's going to be the WETTEST year ever. Torrential rain is set to cause havoc with more flooding. Severe-Weather warnings have been issued with up to 100mm of rain forcast for tomorrow and Sunday. This is expected to cause flooding and chaos on the roads. Signs are that it will be the WETTEST year on record."

So said Barry Gromett, a spokesman for The British Meteorology Office.

Now, I ask you. Who are you going to believe, Me or the Met. Office?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php