Thursday 8 May 2008

Armageddon.

Evolution and the Master Race.


So, we humans have now reached a point in the course of Evolution where we can safely regard ourselves - somewhat smugly - as being the Master Race. We are at the very acme of life here on this planet. Apart from a little honing, here and there, we cannot get much better. This is OUR world and there is nothing and no one who can wrest it from us.

Unless?

What if? The Earth were to lie in the path of a huge asteroid or small planetoid that will destroy this planet and all human life - in seconds.

What if? A deadly disease is created, either by Man or Nature that cannot be combated and that NOBODY has immunity to.

What if? We are invaded by an alien foe that is far superior in every way to we mortals. An alien that perhaps is as strong as or stronger than a gorilla.

It has limbs that regrow, much like a crab's does.

It has a superior brain to ours. It can see as well in the dark as a cat and also has hearing equal to a bat.

It has five opposable digits on each of its four arms and each digit houses a retractable claw tipped with a natural deadly venom.

It can fly like an eagle and can see detail through eagle eyes and it can run like a cheetah, if it needs to.

It regards human flesh as a delicacy in much the same way as we like chicken or beef. It has no conscience so has no concept of right, wrong or pity.

We, The Master Race, would be doomed to extinction!

But wouldn't God step in and thwart any or all of this?

I doubt it. Believe me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php