Tuesday 27 May 2008

Let a stray.





Cat

We have a cat in our house it isn't ours, it shows!
She comes to eat and scratch her claws
she comes to rest and knead her paws
whenever we have open doors.
We have a cat in our house.

She's straightway up 't our stairs,


she's aware that it's taboo'cos
if she's ever found up there
she'll know it will be -

Shoo!

'Cos then we take and put her outside,

quick march,swiftly at the double.

It's at that point she'll realise and know that

she's in trouble.

This cat that comes to our house.


Then, she turns to make a mad dash in,

I'm determined that she aint gonna win.

The front door shuts with agreat big

WHOOSH!


but she's just sneaked back in!

That cat we have in our house.

At night she curls up on our chair

until its nine - or so - it's fair

and then out she goes

digging in her toes

after sniffing the outside air.
That cat that comes to our house.



NB. based on a poem by Maria Jane Williams (aged, not tellin')

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php