Sunday 18 May 2008

Creationist Kids Education.

Pillars of (SALT) community?

Children as young as five at an Ofsted-approved school are being taught that the world is only 6,000 years old and that sinners used to be turned into pillars of salt.

UK TVs Channel 4 Dispatches program gained access to a secretive school in Bristol run by the Carmel Centre which teaches a Creationist curriculum from the US.

Despite being registered by the government, the school for 5 to 18 year olds, treats the Bible like it's scientific fact.

Disturbing scenes show a bubbly teacher in front of a class of enthusiastic six year olds as she tells them that: "Before Jesus came, people who sinned, died. People who disobeyed would turn into a pillar of salt. So thank God for Jesus."

The Carmel Centre also believes that abortion and homosexuality should be made illegal, blasphemy laws should be reinstated and enforced rigorously and other faiths should be barely tolerated.

So, there you have it. They (the religious nutters) aren't all locked up in the loony bin.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php