Wednesday 7 November 2007

I'm out of here, get me a celebrity!


I'm out of here, get me a celebrity!

Just how many more of these infantile "reality" shows have we got to put up with? This isn't entertainment. Or at least it isn't entertainment that I find entertaining. What can be thrilling about filming a motley selection of pampered B and C celebs pretending to survive the rigours of outdoor life in the grounds of a hotel or even a pretend jungle? The most traumatic thing that some of them might suffer is a broken nail or perhaps run out of mascara, and that's only the men.
.
If you want REAL survival then I suggest that a motley crew of "entertainers" plus a minimum TV crew, are parachuted into the Borneo jungle sans food, tents, or any extraneous accoutrements whatsoever and have them find their way out.
.
It might be just a tad more risky and maybe a few won't make it but what the hell, the ratings might just go through the roof. Or at least the ratings might match those that real entertainment shows like what Morecambe and Wise, The Two Ronnies or even those that The Comedians could muster.
.
Real entertainers they were, not failed entertainers who were just going through their motions, literally. I mean, come on! What is entertaining about discussing toilet habits or even filming someone "doing it?"
.

These fly-on-the-wall docu's should all be confined to the dustbin before they prove to be the death, not only of of television but also of television entertainers.
.
I mean, come on! You can get that sort of entertainment by peeping through the curtains at your neighbours or holding a glass onto the wall and pressing your ear against it. You can. Honest!

2 comments:

JonBoy said...

Glad you stopped by!

Yes, it was man by the Splinter group...I think there owned by The Blue Man group...

White Charcoal said...

Chips off the old block eh!

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php