Monday 5 November 2007

TV soaps.

Telegraphed TV soap plots.

.
Why is it that, whenever a soap character is depicted as being under stress he/she makes a dash for the bottle?
.
Why is it that when a soap character is in dire financial straits they head straight for the bookies?
.
Why is it that when a soap business isn't doing very well, thoughts inevitably turn to arson?
.

Why is it that NO portrayed wedding on soaps goes without a hitch?
.

Why is it that NO planned dinner, party or other celebration ever goes sweetly?
.

Why is it that soap writers - guilty of portraying all of these negative attitudes that can only misguide the gullible viewer into thinking that these are the acceptable ways to solve problems - are allowed to carry on doing so?
.

Why is it that writers' seem incapable of moving the plot along without resorting to the overused coincidence and eavesdropping ploy?
.

There are many impressionable people out there who believe that soaps are true to life and use what they see and hear as a yardstick.
.

Maybe this is why the language of today's youngsters is so ignorant, lazy and sloppy.
.

Almost as ignorant, lazy and sloppy as the scriptwriting.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php