Wednesday 19 March 2008

Springtime?

Spring is here the grass is riz...


It’s that time of year again. Spring is here, the grass is riz. We wonder where the lawnmower is.

The first couple of warm days were upon us making it possible to get the first cut of the year in.Successful though it was, it did leave our lawn looking a little threadbare. So I decided to give it a spring feed of fertilizer.

A quick trip to the garden centre left me with a light wallet and a heavy bag of lawn feed. After lugging it home I perused the instruction on dosage etc.

I read that:

"GRASS MUST BE CUT AT LEAST FOUR DAYS BEFORE APPLICATION"

So that meant that I would have to wait at least another three days before applying the rejuvenating mixture.

The four days elapsed. I went into my shed to commence fertilization. It was drizzling with rain but I’m not afraid of getting wet.

I again perused the application instructions:

"DON’T FEED LAWN WHILST GRASS IS WET"

Another week has passed. The rain has now stopped and the grass is up to my ankles.

I have to cut it now so that in four days time I can feed it.

If it isn’t raining.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php