Friday 13 June 2008

Ghost of a Chance.

A Ghost of a Chance?

I read in my paper that a paedophile was caught eleven years after committing indecent crimes against three young girls, one of the girls, now adult - who was at a seance - heard the medium say that he had a message from her dead gran, urging her to reveal the abuse.

The paper reports that Terrance Dunstan aged 61, had escaped justice for eleven years after abusing the three young girls at his home. Apparently he was nailed when one of the victims attending Patrick Hutchinson's seance, heard the appeal - through the medium - from her grandma.

The girl, who had never mentioned it to anyone before, rushed out from the meeting in Morley, West Yorkshire (UK) in tears.

She later confided to a friend, who had also attended that seance, and it was then discovered that she too had been abused by Dunstan. The girls, now 19 and 20, went to police who discovered a THIRD victim! Their abuser was found guilty at Leeds Crown Court of FIVE indecent assaults on children.... sentence is pending.

Sounds a bit spooky to me.

But I have heard of these "Mediums" and their "Seances" thus I am NOT convinced. Most "mediums" front an audience of gullible people who are searching for comforting messages from the "Beyond" and they throw up something like:

"I have a message here from someones grandmother....... she saying..... somebody in her family has been abused..... as a child"

He then addresses the audience in general:

"Is there anyone here who may have been abused as a child." If there is no reaction, such as some member of the audience waving or standing up and walking out he goes:

"Hang on...... not ABUSED....... she means AMUSED! Is there anybody here who was amused as a child?"

These people are fakers. You might also get:

"I'm hearing Smit.... Smick....... is there a Mrs Smith in the audience?" One or more hands go up. "I have a message here from your husband." Some of the hands go down 'cos hubby is sitting in the hall. "He's asking........ what have you done with my carcass..... car keys?"

Charlatans, every last one of 'em.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php