Wednesday 18 June 2008

The thieving bast... Magpies.

It's an odd coincidence

that one of my MySpace friends should choose today to write in her blog of Magpies.

Yesterday I was out in my garden and there was such a kerfuffle in the trees around me. There was the screeching of Maggies and loud chattering of the blackbirds as they panicked and tried to defend their nest of eggs and young from these murderous thieves of the bird world.

I was sorely tempted to fetch my gun and help the Blackbirds defend their brood but it suddenly occurred to me that this action has been going on for hundreds of millenia BEFORE Man came along.

It was sad to bare witness to the predictable outcome. The Magpie's flew to a nearby chimney stack to feast on their ill-gotten gains while ma and pa Blackbird flew around the heads of the attackers in frenzy.

Isn't nature both beautiful and ugly all at the same time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php