Sunday 22 June 2008

The Pennine Way


The Pennine Way UK

This is a copy of a letter of thanks that I sent to:Countryside Agency 4th Floor, Victoria Wharf, Sovereign Street, Leeds LS1 4BA

Date 28.04.05 FAO Steve Westwood.

Re: The Pennine Way by Helicopter DVD.

Thank you for the DVD Steve. I've just watched it with my wife alongside and it must be good 'cos she only yawned twice! I filled her in on just a few details, like spending a gale lashed night in Gregg's Hut and the regaled her with yet another gale lashed night spent in a Ram battered hut on the Cheviots with just half a candle for warmth and company. I can hardly wait to get the whole family in for a nights viewing. It's pay-back time for all those wonky xenophobic amateur holiday videos that I have stifled yawns through over the years.

This helicopter filmed view of my favorite walk (I've done it both ways) is absolutely beautiful. The music suits it well and the commentary too. Neither is obtrusive, both are complimentary. If the film lacked one thing it was maybe optional running O/S coords in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and a visit or two inside some of the most beautiful and genial pubs for a welcome pint of the black stuff.

I say again, excellent. Can't wait for some more heli video made of other walks I've done such as the Coast to Coast (St Bees Robin Hoods Bay), Isles of Man and Wight and John 'O Groat's to Lands End. They will keep me company when I can no longer walk the walk as will this Pennine one.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

Anthony W. Allsop.

PS. I'm off to do - in my usual solo back-packing style - the West Highland Way this June when I'll be sixty-five. And now I've seen the Pennine film it has inspired me to have yet another bash at the Pennines next year. As I still have the dog-eared remnants of my Footprint maps it seems a shame not to put 'em to some more use.


Please note that this You Tube Vid isn't anywhere near the quality of the original Pennine Way by Helicopter DVD which I cannot reproduce due to copyright laws.

*CLICK TO RETURN TO MY PROFILE*

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php