Wednesday 26 September 2007

Fitter not Fatter!

School Run and Child Obesity problems solved.


Whilst reading my local paper I came across a couple of problems that might be solved by putting the two together.

The first was about vehicles blocking access in and around schools during the dreaded "School Run" and the second concerned our children's increasing and dangerous obesity problem caused, in the main, by our kids not getting enough exercise.

Put the two together and you may see that they both go hand in glove. If more kids were given the opportunity (told) to walk to school we would not only have fitter children but would also free up the roads around our schools.

Children should be ENCOURAGED to walk or cycle at every opportunity. A half hour walk in the morning and a similar one in the afternoon would be most beneficial to these kids. It would give them time to reflect and prepare their brains, ready for either school lessons or playing their computer games when they reach home.

2 comments:

Michael Leung said...

Yeah, this is good for health.
Reduce the greenhouse gas too!!!!!

White Charcoal said...

There are too many lazy people in this world. They don't believe in walking if they have a car. We have two cars but I still prefer to walk the mile and a half into town and then walk back and I am nearly 70.

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php