Sunday 9 December 2007

"Hands Tied" society.

This modern "Hands Tied" society

that we are living in must take a large slice of the blame for the violence in society that we are all suffering. It is no coincidence that street violence has exploded in our faces at about the same time that corrective punishment has been made illegal in school and home.

Today's kids have absolutey no idea where lies the barriers of decency , if in fact there any. They feel they won't and can't be punished for misbehaving when there is no line and no one is allowed to hand out punishment. Even the law has lost control and has no idea which way to tackle the ingrained problem.

Let's get back to the way things were in my youngster days. If you were stupid enough to cheek your elders you risked a serious slapping that would knock the grin off your face. If you cheeked a policeman or a teacher you risked being beaten to within an inch of your lunchbox and ran the risk of another belt if your dad found out.

It has always been known that if you spare the rod you'll spoil the child. Trite I know but very very true as you can see for yourself. We need zero tolerance by a police force made up of "Judge Dredds" and we need the shackles taking off of the adult in society.

If I was mugged and videoed by a bunch of young "happy-slappers" today, I would NOT be allowed to hit back - or even grab a hold of them - without risking a summons.

How can this be right?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php