Tuesday 11 December 2007

Screw you!

The report of the smallest drill in the world reminds me of the time when America produced the world's thinnest wire which at .0006% the thickness of human hair made them understandably very proud of the achievement.

They sent samples of the wire to the various leading trading nations in order to impress and to celebrate their fine engineering prowess.

We, the British, offered our congratulations to America's great achievement.

The Russian's begrudgingly accepted American advancement and sent a message of congratulations.

The Japanese delayed their response while they set out to better the USA's feat in micro technology, but eventually had to give up and admit their failure to do so.

A week after receiving their sample, the Chinese returned their bit of wire, drilled, tapped and threaded as a nut and bolt complete with spacers.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php