Saturday 22 December 2007

OK guvner, fair cop!

I am completely and utterly

against the human filth who litter our streets, parks and countryside with their filth. And yet I am thoroughly dismayed with the park keeper with his over-the-top treatment of a young female member of the public for depositing an apple core under some bushes. (This was a well publicised case of a Mansfield park official pouncing on a young lady who'd thrown an apple core into a bush).

An apple cog isn't litter if it is disposed in this way. If it is then I am as guilty of littering as the people that I despise. I do quite a bit of walking in the countryside and my nutritional supplies usually include a couple of Mars bars, a packet of crisps, a can of beer and an apple or two.

Having consumed the chocolate, the crisps and the beer, the wrappings go into my pack until I can find a litter-bin. But the apple cores? They are disposed of where they will do most good for nature and the environment ie: the hedge bottom, ploughed field or the long grass. Rats, mice, birds, insects they are all welcome to the treat which will be gone by morning..

If thrown-apple cores and other fruit attract rats and £75 fines, are we to see the litter police inspecting our gardens for fallen fruit from our trees? To them it would make economical and environmental sense.

Just one last thought on the matter. Would this Parky have been so keen to admonish and administer punishment to a couple of hoodies or skinheads if he'd seen this "felonious" act take place? Of course he wouldn't. He'd be in the bushes himself, hiding until the "danger" had passed.

It's just same with the wardens in towns. They appear only to chastise the weak, the old, young women and the very young boys.

Toodle pippin,

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php