Tuesday 30 October 2007

Cat Chaos.


DEVIL CATS



Re: The declining bird population UK.

I read a report in the press that said: "....to encourage the bird population in Britain, we should allow our gardens to over grow a little."

But won't this measure help the CAT population to thrive too? It is estimated there are 10,000,000 cats in the UK (one cat per 6 residents).

Now if each cat is responsible for just one garden bird per week that means that a total of over half a BILLION birds succumb to cats per year.

So in effect, allowing the garden to overgrow will make the hunting of birds even easier for the devil cats.

So might I suggest that a law be passed that requires cats to be muzzled when let out to play, and maybe even to wear boxing gloves?

It has also dawned on me that the rapid and sustained increase in the rat population is proportionate to the drop in the garden-bird population and has little to do with unusual weather patterns, as suggested, but a lot to do with the popularity of the modern kitchen waste-disposal unit.

Whereas at one time our leftovers would be scraped into the bin or onto a bird table they are now minced up and flushed down the drain as ready meals for fat ratty and his chums, and the birds are having to go hungry.

It all begins to make sense.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Hello there
I thought I'd return the complement after you left a comment on my blog.
I couldn't agree more - cats are simply bigger and sneakier vermin than rats

White Charcoal said...

Glad you got back. The odd thing is I really like cats. I was just stating facts and statistics. I like birds too. By the way, that post was based on a letter I had published in last Saturday's Times.

I hope you read past that cat post Ellen. I do try hard.

Anthony.

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php