Friday 26 October 2007

A princely son.

The Prince and the poor poor.
Once upon a time there lived a handsome(ish) prince.
*
He was born in a palace and lived in a lavish ivory tower surrounded by untold riches and lacked for nothing, 'cept maybe a little paternal love.
*
But despite being cosseted from birth he couldn't resist putting his boldly incompetent oar in.
*
Oft times, this unbounded ignorance of his caused him to catch the metaphorical crab.
*
The latest was knocking the education system of his mother's kingdom and castigating the young for having aspirations that HE felt were far beyond there ken.
*
He once confessed to having aspirations above his station,
something about being a lady's sanitary product.
*
On yet another occasion,
he allowed us to learn that he loved talking to plants.
*
And then there was the time that he met
- and almost fell in love with -
a beautiful princess.
*
They married and she brought forth two handsome sons.
They all lived happily....?
*
Then one day he felt compelled to venture a broad and lay the dragon.
*
From that day on the handsome(ish) prince fell from public favour and the favour of any other right thinking persons.
*
It seemed that no matter how he strolled,
hand in pocket of double-breasted lounge suit, hand out of pocket of double-breasted lounge suit or togged out in battledress,
he just failed to impress.
*
No one of any note could afford to be seen taking the idiot prince's views seriously so most just laughed him off as a joke.
Like father, like son.
*
Just ignore the sad old farts and they might somehow get the message.
*
The End

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php