Saturday 20 October 2007

"Seeing" cars.

"SEEING" CARS?

Can we really have cars that "see" using infra-red detection systems and GPS?

I think not, not if my infra-red alarm system and my infra-red outside floodlighting systems are anything to go by.

We've lost count of the number of false alarms that we have had since the installation of these systems.

If it isn't the cat setting them off or a hedgehog it's the wind or waving trees or even a spider or a bird.

I can see the damn air bag exploding and the brakes being applied at the slightest provocation. As for the reliability of GPS, don't even go there. Mine STILL insists on trying to take me along a local foot and cycle track. I keep telling her to SOD OFF! But she will insist so.

Some aid to road safety they will be.

There's more chance of developing a functioning time-travel machine or finding a reasonable excuse for invading Iraq than making foolproof "seeing" cars.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
I am over 79. Up to a couple of years ago I'd have described myself as fit and decisive. Now I'm not so sure. I am into DIY. If my wife asks me to do something I say; "Do It Yourself".....Click on my Older Posts for more reading. Or try: http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php